In the role of Project Manager, we'll count on you to:
- Coordinate work of construction and balance multidiscipline teams throughout the entire project's development
- Establish client relations and be involved with marketing, contractual, design and production meetings
- Participate in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance
- Conduct schematic design development and contract document work sessions at project site in conjunction with the client and other disciplines
- Coordinate workload through entire project development to complete documents on schedule
- Track financial aspects of projects, and coordinate and adjust work effort with team to ensure that work is completed within parameters of agreed-to schedule
- Graduate of a four-year degree program in construction management, civil engineering or construction science.
- Five years or more of experience assisting or supervising construction projects of increasing complexity.
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Previous experience with and ability to develop accurate project estimates and pricing reports
- Good oral and written communication skills.
UrbanTech is currently in need of an experienced civil engineer to support utility and transportation projects. As a civil engineer, we’ll count on you to:
- Design and plan production for general civil engineering and utility support on a wide variety of projects, including both wet and dry utilities.
- Develop site layouts, horizontal and vertical control, plan and profile, grading and drainage, site utilities, and associated civil engineering activities.
- Calculate quantities and develop cost estimates.
- Prepare specifications and contract documents.
- Perform well on complex assignments, exercising judgment in evaluation, selection, and use of standard engineering techniques and procedures.
- Function as a technical specialist or design lead on mid-sized projects.
- Coordinate and lead other design professionals, including engineering, CAD, and administrative support professionals.
- P articipate in quality control reviews of completed designs.
- Have good writing, presenting, and speaking skills, as you may work directly with the owner.
- Be a self starter and able to solve problems.
- BS or MS in Civil, Chemical, or Environmental Engineering required.
- P E Certification required, or ability to gain PE via reciprocity within one year.
- 4+ years of experience in general civil/site engineering required.
- AutoCAD and/or MicroStation experience required. Civil3D and/or Inroads capabilities preferred.
- Microsoft Office experience required.
- Active in area municipal or industrial water/wastewater industry associations is a strong plus.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.